Household Storage in Bangalore @ http://www.247householdstoragebangalore.com/
Bangalore Storage Tips
· We recommends all customers insure their goods prior to transport and storage. Most house and contents insurers offer extended insurance for this purpose.
· Don’t move wardrobes, drawers etc while full, you can break them. Only fill them when they are in place and fully assembled.
· Clothing and personal goods should be packed in strong secure cartons.
· Cushions should be wrapped in plastic.
· Where possible remove the legs from items of furniture e.g.. bed bases, tables etc. to avoid damage and save space.
· Vacuum food crumbs from lounges to prevent attracting vermin.
· Furniture shouldn't be placed directly on the floor, use plastic or material to cushion heavy items.
· Stack chairs seat to seat with cloth or paper separating them.
· Place a cover over all furniture, especially sofa's, recliners and anything of value.
· Make sure all white goods (fridges, freezers etc) are empty, clean and dry before storing.
· Leave doors slightly ajar to prevent mould build up.
· A deodoriser placed inside fridges or freezers is also a good idea to maintain freshness.
· If you pack items inside your fridges and freezers you scratch the insides or damage the shelving, best to leave them empty.
· Wrap all breakable items separately in tissue or packing paper, box and ensure they are marked "Fragile".
· Pack breakables in sturdy boxes.
· Protect fragile items by wrapping them individually in packing paper (newsprint can be very messy and possibly stain).
· Place packing in the top and bottom of cartons for added protection.
· Place plates, saucers and bowls on their sides to prevent any breakage.
· Empty space should be filled with packing paper.
· Ensure you haven't stacked heavy items on top of cartons containing breakables.
· Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard or proper picture/mirror cartons.
· The original boxes are ideal to repack in.
· If the original boxes are not available talk to your self storage centre about speciality boxes for electronic items.
· Ensure all electronic equipment is clean and dry before storing.
· Ensure that items above or on top of electronic equipment will not fall down or damage the surfaces.
· If storing a refrigerator or freezer, be sure that the item is thoroughly dry and clean to prevent moisture and mildew from damaging any of your valuables. Store with the door slightly ajar.
· To minimise rust in metal items such as tools, wipe the item with a few drops of oil before storing them away.
· Pack these items away from goods that may be stained such as furniture.
· Wrapping silver in non acid tissue paper or plastic bags can help reduce tarnishing. Wipe chrome or cast iron with a little machine oil to help retard rust.
· You shouldn't store any Goods that are hazardous, illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, perishable or that are a risk to the property of any person. This includes items like petrol tins, paint thinner, full gas bottles or chlorine.